A Northern Cyprus residence permit allows a person to legally reside in the territory of the UK. Obtaining a residence permit in the TRNC in 2023 will not be difficult, unlike European countries and even Turkey, where today it is almost impossible to obtain a residence permit for Russians. Below is the whole truth about obtaining a residence permit and immigration conditions.
Northern Cyprus is the best option for permanent residence for Russians, as it has an excellent system for obtaining English-language education and medical services. When entering the territory of Northern Cyprus, a tourist visa is stamped on a separate form, which must be filled out before going through passport control. It must be kept with you throughout your stay in the TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus). If you don’t want to fill out the form, that’s okay, they will put a stamp in your passport.
The visa is valid for 30 to 90 days, after which you must leave the country or apply for a residence permit before the end of the specified period. Sometimes the validity of a tourist visa is extended for another 30 days without leaving the UK, but to do this you need to go to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and fill out an application.
Do not forget that every day of visa-free stay in the country is subject to a large fine, which you will have to pay when leaving the UK.
If there are no plans to obtain a residence permit, but a person lives in Northern Cyprus, he has the right to visit Turkey, make purchases and explore the surrounding area. You can fly out for a few days.
What does a residence permit give?
Obtaining a residence permit in the TRNC provides the following benefits:
- the possibility of free stay in the country;
- the right to legalize business and employment;
- receiving high-quality medical care and education;
- possibility of opening a bank account in the TRNC;
- the prospect of obtaining permanent residence;
- the possibility of immigration with the whole family;
- obtaining a license to drive a car.
You can find out more detailed information about what a residence permit in Northern Cyprus provides for citizens of other countries from the managers of our company.
How to obtain a residence permit
Russian tourists often choose Northern Cyprus as a permanent residence permit, which is due to the simplified procedure for obtaining documents for residence - first, this is a temporary residence permit. The main condition for obtaining a residence permit is the purchase of real estate.
Let's take a closer look at how to obtain a residence permit in the TRNC when purchasing real estate:
- You submit an application on a special website, after which you must wait for the appointed date to submit documents to the police.
- Take the full list of documents presented on the website to the police department. The standard list includes:
- original and copy of identity document;
- real estate documents;
- written confirmation from the local elder that you actually live at the specified address;
- bank statement about the availability of money on the balance sheet (at least $10,000 is required for one person);
- photographs for documents in color format (2 pcs.);
- Get tested for AIDS, hepatitis and tuberculosis. The referral is issued online after a visit to the police department, payment is made independently. After payment has been made, you must go to a public hospital and take a referral to a specific laboratory.
- Waiting for notification that the residence permit is ready. You can print it or save it on your smartphone.
At first, a residence permit is issued only for a year, after which it can be extended. Then it is possible to obtain a residence permit for 2 years. After 10 years of residence in the TRNC, you can apply for permanent residence - an indefinite stay in the country.
In 2023, the TRNC will offer various options for residence permits, some of them quite unusual:
- temporary residence permits for employees of scientific organizations that conduct archaeological excavations and research;
- Residence permit when purchasing real estate in the TRNC;
- specialists who arrived under a special training program;
- students for training programs and similar purposes in accordance with international agreements, as well as exchange of experience;
- Residence permit at the request or decision of the courts;
- residence permits of the UK for foreign citizens who came for the purpose of treatment, but do not pose a threat to the health of the local population;
- short-term residence permit for students who graduated from local higher education institutions;
- yacht owners who arrived under the yacht tourism program. A short-term residence permit is issued for a period of no more than six months;
- foreign citizens who arrived to film a movie. The residence permit period does not exceed 12 months.
You can find out more about how to obtain a residence permit from our consultants. Just call the numbers provided or leave a request on the website.
Documents for a residence permit in Northern Cyprus
- Certificate of no criminal record (this is also required when purchasing real estate).
- Sale and purchase agreement and documents for the apartment.
- Two photographs 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- Copy and original passport.
- Certificate of residence of a foreigner in the country (issued by the local authority).
- Application for a residence permit.
- Marriage and birth certificates (if available).
- Receipt for payment of state duty.
- Other documents upon request from the Immigration Department.
Typically, a real estate agent is responsible for preparing documents for a residence permit for the purchase of real estate, but it is better to separate these procedures.
Our company’s specialists offer prompt and guaranteed registration of residence permits, as well as a number of other legal services.
Conditions of receipt
The most common, affordable and fastest way to obtain a residence permit in the UK is to purchase a home. In this case, it is necessary to take into account a number of conditions:
- Only real estate suitable for living is available for purchase.
- If you purchase a share in an apartment, the other owner of which has already received a residence permit in this way, questions may arise. Therefore, we recommend choosing housing without encumbrances.
- According to the agreement, the owner must pay at least a third of the sale price of the property.
- Confirmation of source of income and material well-being is required. In case of purchasing an apartment in installments, a monthly property fee is added to the specified amount.
The procedure for obtaining a residence permit is not difficult. Children under 18 years of age are issued a residence permit automatically, and spouses are provided with a family residence permit upon application for one property.
Residence permit when purchasing real estate
After purchasing housing in the UK, foreign citizens can begin to obtain a residence permit, for which they must submit a list of documents to the immigration service. It is also necessary to indicate the place of residence in Cyprus or the purchased apartment.
The main documents are the purchase and sale agreement, the results of a blood test and the presence of $10,000 in a local bank account. You need to register on the official website, get a username and password, and then follow the instructions.
Purchasing real estate in the UK is a profitable investment, since you can use the housing yourself or use it as an investment. A wide selection of offers throughout the country, a variety of residential properties and low prices are responsible for the favorable situation in the real estate market.
When purchasing a home, you can enjoy natural beauty and a favorable climate every day! Living conditions for Russians and citizens of other countries are characterized by increased comfort due to the friendliness and support of local residents.
Features of residence permit for Russians
Obtaining a residence permit for Russians has a number of features that should be taken into account:
- A residence permit presupposes permanent residence in the country; in other words, a person becomes a resident of the island.
- The residence permit must be renewed every 2 years; any changes can be transferred to a new passport.
- This document applies to each member of the same family who accompany the resident: children under 18 years of age, spouse.
To obtain a residence permit, the applicant will have to wait approximately 3 months from the date of submission of the package of documents. All this time, the citizen has the right to stay on the island legally.
Another category of citizens is F - pensioners with a constant annual income. According to the conditions, the minimum amount for living on the island is about $10,000 per year per applicant and approximately $5,000 for each member of his family. By decision of the authorities, the amount of income may be increased.
How to get permanent residence
TRNC citizenship can be obtained by all foreign citizens whose parents are Turkish Cypriots. Citizenship is also granted to Turkish Cypriot spouses. Another way to obtain permanent residence is to obtain a residence permit and permanent residence in the territory of the UK for 10 years. After this, you can apply for citizenship.
Immigration experts are confident that very soon the conditions for obtaining permanent residence will become more complicated, due to the high interest of foreign citizens in the jurisdiction. That is why it is recommended to apply for a residence permit now.
Today, there are several most popular ways to obtain a passport of the Republic of Turkey:
- Marriage to a TRKS citizen. According to the current law, citizenship is granted to the spouse of a citizen of the UK who have been officially married for more than 12 months. At the same time, the foreign resident is checked for absence of criminal records and dangerous diseases.
Standard documents for obtaining a passport based on marriage are:
- marriage certificate. If one of the spouses has Turkish citizenship, then it is advisable to get married in Turkey, and then have it certified at the embassy. Only in this case is the marriage considered valid in other countries of the world;
- birth certificate of a foreign person;
- a certificate from the mayor of the city stating that the spouses actually live together;
- a copy of the passport of a resident of the republic who married a foreign person;
- diploma of education of a foreign citizen;
- check for payment of state duty and others.
All documents are submitted to the department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Turkey.
- Investment is another effective way to obtain permanent residence. To do this, foreigners must invest their income in the economy of the republic. In this case, it is necessary to open a company with a start-up capital of 1 million euros. The main stages of investment are:
- investing money in business development;
- assistance of a lawyer for obtaining a residence permit and permanent residence;
- registration of a residence permit.
Depending on the amount of investment, the chances of obtaining citizenship in the UK also increase. Organizing a large number of jobs for local residents will help increase your chances.
- Acquisition of real estate. The law does not specify the minimum cost of housing, upon purchase of which one can obtain citizenship. According to residents, the real estate market is diverse in terms of offers and prices, so finding an apartment in accordance with your income level will not be difficult.
The choice includes both villas with swimming pools and small apartments, the average cost of which usually does not exceed 80,000 euros. The first purchase involves payment of tax, which is 6% of the amount of the purchase and sale agreement. All subsequent home purchases are subject to a 12% tax.
- Employment. If a foreign citizen has worked in the TRNC for 10 years or more, and also plans to continue his work here, then he can submit a request to be granted citizenship. As a rule, this method of obtaining citizenship is not widely used, since a person is usually issued a residence permit with the possibility of indefinite extension.
Currently, many investors compare the conditions of various programs in order to choose the most optimal solution. Our company’s specialists will help you obtain a residence permit in the shortest possible time, as well as prepare the necessary package of documents to receive a positive response.
If you have any additional questions, you can always contact our consultants at the phone numbers listed on the website.